Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Long Awaited Winter Wonderland

There's that moment. That feeling. When your heart skips a beat and your thoughts start to run. You feel happy, loving and caring. This is what I call a heart flutter. Often times it happens when I see something beautiful, something that makes me overjoyed or when I see my crush at school. Today my heart fluttered when I saw the snow. Ideally I would've been reading my book next to the fire place when the first flakes began to drift, but being inside the mall, shopping with my friend was a pleasant scene to. Hopefully this snow will stick around for a little while, allowing me this season's winter wonderland, and then melt into spring after a month or so. I'd rather not have it snow after my birthday in May, but with this delay of winter I'm thinking it will probably be a repeat of last year's snow storm in June. For now Happy Valley sits with an inch-or-so-deep blanket of snow on top of it. I look out the window and my love for winter begins to warm me inside.
May Spring come another day 
and for now please, Winter,
                                             stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment