Monday, March 19, 2012

Sky High Stress

Fourth term is already here and my life is in the fast lane. Already complications are arising not only in school, but into summer.  Volleyball is stressing me out because my coaches are set on the idea that the off-season work is what led our team to take state last year. They may be right, but it puts a lot of stress on me when I will not be able to go to any of the camps or open gyms in June and parts of July. The day after school gets out my mom is packing us up and taking me and my three younger brothers on a road trip to the East Coast. I'm looking forward to visiting family and seeing fun places, but three weeks in a confined vehicle with three little brothers is a bit daunting. Two days after we get back from that trip I have Youth conference, and then the following week I have a Dixie State Volleyball camp.  The week after Dixie I can either go to Lake Powell with my family or stay here in Provo by myself and attend the UVU Volleyball camp. Oh yeah, and somewhere after the East Coast trip I'm going to have to go to the DMV to get my license. (I am sooooo excited to get it!!!)  Plus I will most likely have summer homework for AP Bio, AP English and/or AP US History.  I am worried I won't be able to relax at home until mid-July. Backing up a bit, right now fourth term is coming into full swing. My ward conference is next week and General Conference is the following weekend. The week after General Conference we are going to Mexico on a cruise for spring break!!! I am super excited to go on a boat and leave Provo behind for a week!  After that, however, will be when all the teachers are going to cram last minute information in our brains to prepare us for the end of year tests at the beginning of May. Right now I officially loathe school because the AP World History Test is taking place on the morning of my 16th birthday.  It's the academic world's way of saying: "Way to live 16 years, now here's a test for ya! Enjoy your sweet 16!" >:(  -Angry emoticon. I am super stressed out for the test and it's two months away. I may have to take my text book on the cruise to study, which is just about kills my dreams of relaxing during spring break.At this immediate moment I am looking forward to seeing the Hunger Games this Thursday and attending my volleyball tournament on Saturday. I hope the tournament does not go for long so that I can go to the General Young Women's broadcast at my stake center.  I can always look up the talks later, but it's not quite the same.
On August 3rd we are welcoming a foreign exchange student into our home from Spain. His name is Diego and he is a year younger than me. He will be going to Timpview with me next year and I hope we can provide a good experience for him while he is in America.  I am looking forward to having a fourth little brother in the house.  I just hope this one isn't quite as loud or annoying. It will be fun learning to speak Spanish and have someone I can practice it with that isn't always at work or cooking.
For now my stress is sky high as the world around me presses in, testing my knowledge, brain capacity and self-discipline. Hopefully I can survive the next 6 months or so and still find time to enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment