Sunday, March 11, 2012

Something Much More

Sadness, depression,
those things come along.
Money broke, heart stroke:
It's the same sad song.

But think of those things
that make you warm inside.
It's those things that
make you want to try.

Keep living your life
and just get along.
Then you will realize
it doesn't have to be a sad song.

The rain's pounding down
but just listen to the sound.
I may be stuck right now,
but I'll get free some how.

Why should I try
when I'm not any good?
But I know the answer:
It's because I just should.

I can't do this, and I can't do that;
see, I'm no better than a rat.

Why should I try to be any good?
And the answer comes:
because you could.

I could what, be a star?
No, I could be some good.

If it's small, just a bit,
then it's better than before;
that good will add
to something much more.

~Maddy Carr~

No comments:

Post a Comment